jackmusicjackmusic

Main Audio Reviews Stats

[Knox]Obfuscous Probing [Knox]Obfuscous Probing

Love the use of dissonance/chromaticism and the balance with pleasant chords that come in at 0:35. I'd use some changes in string textures at around 1:00 to give a sense of development that could make your piece able to go on for longer without getting boring.

To linger To linger

+ Great contrast in the second section
+ Nice variety of orchestral tones used
+ Overall creates a unified emotion

- Could have a more varied chord progression
- I think the accompanying strings could be louder at the beginning. That harp sound really cuts through.
- The melody that comes in at 0:30 has a figure that repeats twice between 0:36 and 0:44. Changing one note in this section would give the melody more shape and might make a big difference to the overall sound given that it repeats a few times after that.

I enjoyed it!

DivoFST responds:

Thanks a lot for the comment Jack :D
Yeah i like to experiment with a lot of different things and orchestral is still very rusty, thanks for the advice :)

TheCatCalledFishTheme TheCatCalledFishTheme

Nice feel to this track. It sounds like it does what it intends to! The issue I have is that the acoustic guitar is mixed quite badly into the overall sound, I think it needs re-recording, less reverb and to provide a harmony role when it's not the main part, instead of just appearing from nowhere. Or perhaps just pick a different sound from a VST and use that.
The rhythm is great, and the drums fit in really well. The ending is also perfect.